Friday, December 24, 2010

'Twas the night before Christmas...

The Van Patten Version:

Twas the night before Christmas,
and all through the house,
not a creature was stirring
except for maybe that stupid mouse. . .

{He out smarted the death traps. I decided to give him Christmas with his rapidly growing family in my walls and squish his head after the holidays are over, but I swear. . . if there are nibble marks in my gingerbread house in the morning I'm going to be TICKED!}

The stockings were hung by the electric fire place with care,
In hopes that fat Santa soon would be there.

{This is the first year that she really understands Santa. It's kind of funny because she's right on the brink of a break through (that she's going to have a whole year to forget about) and just not getting it at all. Either way, she does understand that it's something to be super excited about and that makes me and Aaron actually feel like PARENTS}

With Claire in my ribs and Emily nestled in her bed,
I'm sure there is nothing but thoughts of truckloads of candy dancing in around in her head.

{Good news!! God was gracious to me and allowed Claire to "drop" a little. This means that she's out of my lungs and I can sleep in my bed again! YAY! BUT it also means that Claire has learned to stretch her legs out...resulting in the occational left {leg} hook to the rib cage = not so fun!}

Alright I'm done...

My plan here was to rewrite the whole poem and insert my own fun into it, but honestly- I'm tired!!! This parenting thing takes alot out of you! So, I'm going to end my 'creativity' here.

I'm also going to only upload one picture. (I'm sure my dad is having a cow at the moment) I sat down and sifted through over 400 pictures + the 200 I took today that are just sitting in a folder on my desktop called "uneditted". Yep...for the first time ever I am falling severely behind on picture taking. Right in time for Claire to enter into the mix and for it to get worse.

SO...in order for me to be forced to upload more pictures of Emily...I'm not going to tell you about all of the amazing things she got to do today on her first Christmas Eve that she will remember/last as an only child. Instead I'm going to say MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and leave you with Emily and her 'presents' for Santa. Merry Christmas to all and to all a GOOD NIGHT!



post signature

No comments: