Thursday, January 13, 2011

"I have to ask. . . you're not trying to steal a basketball are you?"

This was a Dollar Store employee's lame attempt at a joke. It almost cost him his life!!

I'm kidding. . .mostly

I'm generally pretty good natured about the fact that I look like I'm having triplets. I don't have any stretchmarks. I am getting to the point to where I literally can't drive anywhere. Even with my belly smashed against the steering wheel my legs barely reach the pedals. My "maternity" shirts don't fit and I have to resort to wearing Aaron's XL shirts. My face is finally starting to show the tale-tell signs of pregnancy (i.e. discusting puffy-ness, bags under my eyes, no energy to put on make-up, ect.) My hips are expanding so my pants that have fit this entire time are now uncomfortable and FORGET trying to wear anything other than flip-flops!! Dispite all of this I can still smile when the lady at the registration desk at the hospital jumps to grab me a wheel chair when I come waddling through the front door. Give me another week though and I might be creating a hit list. Here is my (according to period EDD) 36week and 3 day picture. Really, me and the Dr. are going off of my ultrasounds which would mean I am 37week and 3 days. leaving me with just a smidge over 2 weeks until my due date.


I got quite a few chuckles from the last rediculous picture that I posted on facebook. I even had someone say to me (once they saw me in person) that I must have been "pushing it out" for that picture. I really wasn't. In fact, between just me and you....I stand up straight and suck it in a little so that my back looks straight, and my butt looks good!

If there is one thing I've learned over the last year of photography, it is that the lighting of a picture can change its entire dimension. Not only can it set the mood and change the vibe but it can also flatter or age a person 10 years in either direction. With that said...here is me again, with a slightly different angle. I'm obviously going to post the most flattering one. Note the shadows and the effect that it has on what my belly looks like: Yes, I am torpedo momma! Which is why this picture would not have originally been posted had I not decided to use it as an example. Plus it makes me laugh...so I was hoping it would do the same to you.


ULTRASOUND INFO:

If you have been keeping up with me and baby Claire, you know that I went in for an ultrasound last Friday. Since an ultrasound tech can't tell you squat about your baby, I didn't get to find out anything until my Dr. appt. today. Since the tech was also in a bad mood when she did my ultrasound she didn't take the time to try to get any good pictures for me. All she told me was that Claire was face down so I wasn't going to get to see her. She was able to check and make 100% sure that "she" was a she FOR SURE. Even though we had the 100% guarantee already, it was still good to hear before my shower on Sun.

Today, I got to meet the final delivery doctor that was on the list. I officially have met all of the people who will potentially deliver Claire. The great news is that I love every one of them. All of the other dr.'s that I wasn't fond of are all "filler" dr.s for the clinic and will not be on call at the hospital. This is GREAT news!!

Also in GREAT news:

The Dr. today measured my belly and said "wow...big one here." What's new doc?! The interesting point that she made is that after doing some extensive and uncomfortable pushing and prodding that it felt as though, even with my big belly, that Claire is feeling "long" but not "big" Her guestimation was 6lb. 

I mentioned that I had had an ultrasound and she looked over it and confirmed exactly what she had just old me. I have ALOT of water, but what seems to be a small/average but lengthy baby. AWESOME news! That means if Claire gains her 1 oz a day from now until my due date, I'm looking at a high 6's/low 7's baby. YAY! no c-section. . . . hopefully!

Now I can just sit back and relax until she decides to get here, right?

WRONG!!! I'm nesting like a chicken. . . literally


post signature

No comments: