Saturday, August 28, 2010

Baby Cousin

Not to long ago I had the pleasure of watching Brooklyn. She is Aarons, Aunts little girl that is actually younger than Emily...did you get all that? It's okay if you didn't. We kind of twisted the family tree a little. She was AMAZING. She has 2 older brothers so she's pretty used to being bossed and tossed around. Emily LOVED being the bossy "big sister" for the day.

I have a funny story to tell: Emily was awesome and Brooklyn was amazing. They are exactly one year apart and played VERY well together. However, I found myself getting after Emily for EVERYTHING. I know, I know, children aren't perfect, especially toddlers! and I didn't expect Emily to be perfect, but in my mind she was the "example" so jerking toys out of Brooklyns hands or telling her "no" or trying to change her diaper are all not okay with me.

Emilys bedroom is our loft. 100% her play area to romp and destroy as she pleases. I can see the entire loft if I stand on my coffee table in the livingroom. So Emily and Brooklyn were up there playing like good little girls and I hear Brooklyn saying "ow, ow, ow". I told Emily "whatever you are doing Brooklyn doesn't like so please stop" They continued playing. I hear "oooooow" again. I say "Emily, if you don't stop, mommy is going to come up there" They started playing again. About the time that the "ow's" would start again I stood up on the table to see Emily playing on one side of the room and Brooklyn let out an "ooooooooooooooooooooow" on the other side of the room. Emily looked at me like " I didn't didn't do anything!" Then Brooklyn saw me. She had a slight look of panic and then giggled like it was a game.

I learned an important lesson that day. No child is perfect, no matter how perfect they are. I also learned that children are much MUCH more intelligent than I give them credit for at 2 years old. I kept a closer eye on them after that and let up on Emily...a little.

We did lots of fun things like...

Take a bubble bath together:
Yes, Brooklyn, I agree. Emily is a cheeseball.

Play at the park:


and of course... Have a little photoshoot! (with matching dresses from Great Grandma/Grandma Grace.)



P.S. Don't forget to check out my "365 Photos"

No comments: