Monday, August 9, 2010

Lazy day

I don't have them often...and even though I consider today one, I look back and think "wow..."

For one: I worked hard harboring a 3 1/2 inch "lemon" who has already decided it it's his/her lifes purpose to give me gray hairs. This baby may just be my last. From the day before I found out I was pregnant I've been sick. I went to the ER at 6 weeks for severe stomach pains. Although the baby was fine we did find out that it did have a twin that didn't develop past the chromosome split. The doctor also saw a possible placenta abruption...meaning that my placenta MIGHT have been separating from the uterus. No biggy, just possibly the end of my pregnancy. So I worried for 2 weeks until I had my dating ultrasound, only to have that doctor tell me that everything was fine and that the baby had apparently implanted in a spot where it's growth caused the pinch off of a vein and it wasn't an abruption. Misreading like they said or a healing of God? I'm going to go with the latter because I had all the symptoms of an abruption. I've finally started feeling better now that I'm in my second trimester, but that didn't last long. I have had back pain and stomach pains nonstop. I even considered going into the ER again just to make sure everything was going fine. I decided to call the dr. office first to have the laugh and tell me it's all normal.

Now to today: I went in for routine check up only to have them not be able to find the heart beat for about 30 seconds (which really seemed like 3 hours!) Turn out baby decided to implant behind my main uterine artery so while the nurse practitioner was trying to avoid that spot so that my heart beat wouldn't interfere, she was actually avoiding the baby. "oooooooh, you made us a little nervous" she says to the baby. SPEAK FOR YOURSELF WOMAN! that was the longest 30 seconds of my life!

The heartbeat that she heard was healthy and strong and constant (at least she says so...I couldn't tell the difference between mine and the baby's). More good news: in 6 weeks I get to find out the baby's sex!

Jessie tells me not to find out. I fail to see the special-ness of this. I also HATE surprises. So, for me, I don't see waiting until the doc tosses baby up on your stomach and says "surprise it's a ****" as exciting. I figure God gave us humans the brains to create awesome technology like ultrasounds for a reason. Why not use them? Therefore I will be counting down the days until my 20 week appointment!

Not only was I harvesting my lemon all day, I was also trying to keep my ALMOST 3 year old alive. And believe me, these days, that is no easy task!!

So I guess to say that I had a "lazy day" really it's as lazy as it seems.

No comments: