Sunday, February 17, 2013

For my Aunt Leslie

Several years ago we found out that we that my Aunt Leslie had cancer. I started the LONG process of growing out my hair. I didn't know that it would be such a long process to get your hair to grow out long enough to cut off all of the dyed and processed hair. November of 2010, I started growing it out--all natural hair.

In August of 2011, my sweet Aunt Leslie passed away. She was the most amazing, sweetest, God-fearing woman! She was not afraid of dying like most, but instead was content with her fate--she was going to get to walk the streets of gold with Jesus someday and she embraced that fact.

A few days ago I finally did it-- I cut my hair all off and in my aunts name, I am donating it to Pantene's Beautiful Hair. Which is a great organization that makes wigs for cancer patients for no cost.

I miss you Aunt Leslie, but I know that I will someday see you again!




No comments: