Monday, June 15, 2009

Feeling funky

     ...and not in a good way.  For whatever reason I have been off of my photog game. Why? I have no idea, but I can tell you it's annoying! and I don't like it! I started to feel it before I went to the wedding on Saturday, I thought I could shake it, but I went through most of the wedding totally off. I felt like I was trying to find inspiration with a rock. I couldn't pull out of it. I felt a little better towards the end of the day, and then my camera died, and since we were barrowing the camera and didn't have a back up battery I had to shadow Jill and watch. After charging the battery enough to take SOME pictures of the night, it was over. I went home and wanted to cry...after being so excited last weekend and thinking that this was something I could do for the rest of my life, I had to come off of that high to the low of knowing 1) I didn't take a good picture and 2) I hadn't been able to give it my 110%. Both of which are not in my vocabulary when it comes to photography. Since then I have been so disappointed in myself that I didn't want to even look at my camera. I talked to a very wise woman today, who told me that it happens, and it's totally normal to get in a funk and if we didn't have them, it wouldn't be as exciting to have those amazing times! ...and I agree...to a point. Actually I agree completely, but it doesn't make it any better when I feel down. 
     SO! to get out of it... I'm going to have a fun photoshoot with SOMEONE...I don't know who yet but it will be AMAZING, because I know I'm better than this. Here's my first pictures...to hopefully get me out of this:

Sunset tonight from my front window...

1 comment:

Excellent Parent said...

thats a bummer to hear. Just look through past work, see how much talent you have, also just believe in yourself, be confident!! "The devil is a liar" as Tyler Perry would say. SOunds like he has been bringing you down. BLess you and know that you are amazing and whenever I bring my kids around you I dress them cute JUST IN CASE you have your camera (Wich you always do.) That picture is beautiful Btw!