Thursday, June 25, 2009

Forever

    It seems like it's been forever since I've had the time to sit down and write something on here. It gets harder and harder every day. My last few weekends have been crazy. This last weekend we went out to the lake with Aaron's mom's family while Emily stayed with her Great Grandma Grace (who she did AMAZING with). We drove out to the late on Friday night, Saturday I woke up, drove to a friends house, took a shower, and then went to a wedding. The last 4 weekends I have gone to take pictures of a wedding and I'm really beginning to think it's something I could do! I do, however, miss my Saturdays a little. After the wedding, which was about 10 miles away the way the crow flies, but because there is no back road it ended up being more than an hours drive all the way around, I went back out to the lake and camped until Sunday. After alot of relaxing and quite a bit too much sun, we picked up Emily and went home so that Aaron could be with her for a little while. Monday, I did laundry and packed and then Tuesday I got up early in the morning and drove down to the Valley to visit my parents. 
     Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Valley. In fact every time I drive into town I roll down the windows and take a deep breath of valley air. There is something about the mix of Mexically smog, fresh crops and dirt...mixed with a slight hint of feed lot that reminds me of home. With all that said, I do remember evertime I come down here why I love Paso. There's something about my temperature gage reading 115 when I first turn it on that screams...NOT OKAY. Given, it is not in fact 115...yet, but it was easily 104 today.
     After my little photo excursion of Emily on the tractors earlier, my dad thought it would be a good idea to throw her in the middle of a beet field and take some pictures of her. Here they are: and if I dare to go outside for longer than 2 minutes maybe I can get some more.  I also have a sneaky feeling that my daughter is going to be a little FISH...I have to spend most of tomorrow trying to teach her how to swim. I'm sure it wont take long...and I will get plenty of pictures :)



No comments: