Friday, January 29, 2010

GRRR


First off we will start with why I'm irritated:

I started my New Years resolution saying that I would be more diligent about writing in my blog, because people complained that I had stopped. Even when I stopped for the last 5 days, I heard about it. So why is it that I only have 5 followers?! I never get comments (not you, Jess) or any sort of feedback. I'm not trying to be all "nobody loves me! wa wa wa", but seriously people...is there anyone out there who reads this?!

P.S. For those of you that are curious about becoming a follower...it's free and all you need is an email address and password.

Second:

So, the night of Aaron's birthday we ate a fabulous dinner (made a la me...I know you're impressed!) and watched a movie. As we are cleaning up after dinner, I had asked Aaron to put the forks in the sink while I cleaned up the trash. I had stuck dishes in the sink earlier to let them soak and not be so grimy, and planned to do them after we ate. As Aaron went to put the forks in the sink he saw something bobbing in the water. He called me over and we watched as the pink ball bounced up and down in the bubbles, trying to figure out what in the world was going on. It was the weirdest thing! It would come up through the bubbles and bob, then go back down and come up in a different spot. Then one time, it came up a little too high and we stared into the beady black eyes of a mouse! I'm not sure who screamed louder or who jumped higher. I ran outside...not because I'm afraid of mice...I just don't like seeing them get squished. In the mean time Aaron tried to figure out how he was going to get it out and then...uh...properly dispose of it. He ended up not having to, because it drowned. Aaron suggested to chop it up in the garbage disposal, but figured that wasn't the most genius idea in the world.

The next day I thoroughly bleached the sink and every dish in it. As I was doing the dishes I had ANOTHER mouse run across the top of my hand as I reached for the soap. I about died. In a quick effort to destroy the stupid thing before it escaped I chucked my soapy sponge at it. Note: My dreams of being a professional baseball pitcher were immediately dashed. The sponge missed by at least a foot and the stupid thing escaped under my stove. Everyone can rest easy, because my wonderful husband came to the rescue with a mouse trap, later that night and smashed the little guy within 10 minutes.

Yes, everyone. I have had my fair share of run ins with a mice for a good few years. My house has been completely stocked with all of the latest high tech mouse destroying equipment. From motion sensors to laser mousy mazes. Okay, so not really, however there are a few strategic traps set. That's not to say that I won't go to the above said extremes if I go home to a bunch of set off traps with nothing in them.

Disclaimer: I DO NOT live in a mouse infested house. However, since we do live in a trailer with easily accessible vents, we tend to get the occational mouse...or two.

So where was Emily while this last mouse escapade happened? Oh she was keeping herself busy. Doing what, you ask? Cooking like daddy with a few things she found in the fridge, of course!:




I love her clever face here!


The after math

Of course Molly had NOTHING to do it at all!
Sorry girl, but the evidence speaks for it's self

So what does every good mom do after her daughter creates a HUGE mess and takes pictures of her doing it? Sticks their child in the bath! I took these next pictures because I thought she looked like an ice princess...or like she was in the snow. There was something beautiful and mystical about the way her hair twisted around her and she looked at me like she was dazed by the sound of everything from under water. So I busted out the camera...again:



3 comments:

Excellent Parent said...

Me again! A few things. I totally agree with the coments thing. Irritates me to, when people just read and dont comment, it feels like your taking time out of your busy day to talk to thin air. Thats why I always coment on the blogs I follow. Two Those last two pictures are devine and I must follow up on that "lost it" post and say shut up, no you havnt, you have most definetly found it and its getting better! Ummm Third, your sucha fun mom for letting her have fun like that!

Emily Nolan said...

Kayla- I read all the time! Its a daily thing I check my facebook, myspace then this! I love it!You do such a great job on it! I love the last two pics she is adorable! Hope all is well!

Jen said...

I read your blog:) I have no idea where the followers area is...I searched to no avail. I would love to be a "follower" though.
You can always "follow" my blog too:)
www.adaywiththedeans.blogspot.com

Jen Dean