Friday, January 15, 2010

Just call me 'Suzy Homemaker'

After many minor spats with my husband about my 'job' I decided that as a somewhat unspoken New Years resolution that I would try to improve everything I do, and I feel like so far, I have don't just that. It feels so good to be up at 5. Of course I hate my life at that moment but after I wake up, it's such a good feeling. I also love working out at the gym with my Jessie. She pushes me to bust my butt, quite literally, and it's nice to have some company. I come home just as the sun is rising. I also have learned 2 new things about myself:

1) There is something surreal and almost mesmerizing about the time between dark and when the sun actually peeks over the top of the hills. The ominous blue that is cast over everything like the faint wake up call before the alarm of the sun. I LOVE it!! Especially this time of year when more than likely going to be foggy. It makes the world seem soft, quiet, and vulnerable, maybe even innocent.

2) Speaking of vulnerable...I hate the dark in the morning! I don't know if it's because I'm not as alert as I feel I should be or that I feel like it's the time when all of the starving, nocturnal, carnivorous critters are starting to get desperate so they are more likely to attempt to eat me. I'm not sure what it is, but I woke poor Aaron up this morning to walk me out to the car in his boxers in the 35 degree weather, because I'm such a sissy.

When I got home I made coffee, woke Emily up and put her on the couch to watch cartoons, then woke my husband up to a steaming cup of coffee. He got in the shower and while he was getting ready I made waffles, eggs and bacon 4 times. I say 4 times, because apparently I can't cook bacon. Okay, so I can but I'm not sure what it was about this morning that I just couldn't do it. Some pig died in vain, because I couldn't get it right. After we all ate, I started dishes and gave Aaron a kiss goodbye. I now have a clean kitchen and a happy husband and a daughter with a full tummy, when I normally would be just starting to stir for the day. Life is good and I feel just like "Suzy Homemaker".

No comments: