Sunday, September 26, 2010

I moved out of the valley for a reason. . .

I honestly had many more reasons, but one of them was for sure because of the 100+ weather from February to November. For God knows what reason, it was 106 yesterday in Paso Robles!!! Really, I'm not a big sissy, I can handle the heat on most days, but yesterday..."The hottest day of the year" I had to work a wedding that was 100% outside. I think Ashley and I were on our death bed after about 4 hours in. Keep in mind that Ashley is also 2 months MORE pregnant than I am. So I'm not allowed to complain!

Don't worry. I'm sure little Claire was resting soundly at a perfect temperature inside my belly for all the sweating I was doing. I drank all of my water (curtousy of the very generous caterer who had one employee follow the two crazy pregnant photographers around to make sure we did) and ate as much of my delicious food as I could.

With all that said. I'm taking a beating today! I slept until **:30 (I'm too ashamed to really admit the time) Woke up with a headache, morning sickness for the first time in a few weeks, and SORE legs. Not to mention, Claire wakes up when I lay down (yep she's one of those) so with me resting all day she's getting pretty temperamental at my laziness. I'm going to have bruises from her kicking soon!

Today is supposed to be another scorcher. It's 3:00 and I haven't even been outside or looked outside for fear I might melt. I would rather bask in the cool air of my swamp cooler, than think about the heat.

On the brighter side, we are only supposed to a few warmer days and then it's supposed to start feeling like Fall again. But is this really the brighter side of things? If you've had kids, or you were a kid with a low immune system (me), then you know exactly what going from the hottest day of the year to Fall weather means....

DEATH BY FLU!

I remember it well growing up. Always around Halloween I was on my death bed, sick as a dog, with the flu.

So guess what I'm doing tomorrow?! Because I think I would rather take the very very minimal side effects of a pregnant woman getting the flu shot, over the possibility of being dehydrated, famished and possibly be heaving so hard to put me in to labor, I'm calling and scheduling me and Emily an appointment for the flu shot! I've never been so excited to get a shot!!

On a side note. Emily got a new baby cousin yesterday! or maybe I should say Claire get a buddy. Aaron's cousin Katie gave birth to Addison Lynn Goodwin (I like how it all rhymes) at 7lb 13 oz. and 21 1/2 inches long. She perfectly healthy.

I'm excited about this girl addition. FINALLY another little girl for Emily and Claire, since I seem to be the only one spitting out all the estrogen in this family!

post signature

No comments: