Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Money saving/house wife/mom...endless insanity

I'm implementing some big changes in my life. Why? because I feel as though being a woman who stays at home is my job, and right now: I'm just getting by. Just like any other human being, I want to excel at my job.

1) Saving money. If you look over in my side bar, I have added a bottom from moneysavingmom.com. This is a great website with a plethora (that's the only word I can think of to describe it) of information. As recommended by my wonderful pastors wife, I have started using my limited amount of internet time on this website, trying to figure out ways to save money. It has loads of good information! Check it out if you would like. I foresee coupon clipping in my future!

2) Time management. Oh Lordy, I have NEVER been one to wisely manage my time, but as I take on more things during my day like preschooling Emily, truely cleaning, and cooking awesome and wholesome meals for my family, I'm finding that the only way to survive is to manage my time. I'm still working on it, but if I can get it down, I might just succeed and not lose my mind!

3) Church. (which should really be #1 but I'm running out of internet time in order to fix my order) My father in law Willy is the lead youth leader for our church's high school group. I have decided to dedicate a night a week to volunteering myself to helping out however I can. If you know me, and you know my past, you know I have a huge heart for high school girls, I feel like this is where God wants me to be.

Some sub-points here:

-Daily devotions

-Doing everything with a joyful heart for God. I shouldn't do everything I do for me, or for my husband's approval (although that is important!) but I should do it for God's glory. Much easier said than done when I'm a crazy hormonal, pregnant, woman.

-Holding my tongue. This is an addition to the previous point. And if you know me, you know that this is definately a place where only God can help me!!

Those are just a few of the wonderful changes happening in my life. I can already see where God is blessing me (see previous post and job promotion info.) My constant prayer is that God will lead me and my family in His ways, and bless our household.

On another note....TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!!!! Be looking forward to a very exciting blog post!

post signature

No comments: