Wednesday, September 22, 2010

ITS A GIRL!!!...wait. again?!

That's right! Baby #2 is a girl! Haven't I been through this once?! I thought for sure...

I'm kidding....slightly. From the moment I found out I was pregnant, up until about 3 days ago, I was CONVINCED I was having a boy. The pregnancy was the complete opposite as Emily's. The movement of the baby's are the exact opposite as Emily's...I was even carrying different than when pregnant with Emily. But somewhere in the last few days God really placed it on my heart to be at peace with the possiblity of it being a girl. 1) We don't always get what we want and 2) Does it really matter?! The truth is, it doesn't matter a bit. As I watched the baby trying a futal attempt to suck her fingers and stretch, kick and swim around, I fell in love. No matter what was between it's legs (or the case of my fears: what I'm going to have to deal with for the next 18-25 years).

This is my favorite picture that they took today. You can see her perfect nose, lips, chin, and where her eyelashes are going to be. For the record: as of right now, she bares a remarkable resemblance to her sister! I asked the tech if she could tell me how long she was and she couldn't but almost to my request, the baby stretched out her legs and yes, she's got her daddy's legs. She's going to be a long one!! Also, according to the ultrasounds measurements, baby is actually measuring a week ahead of schedule. She was weighing right at ONE POUND! Making my "due date" Feb. 1st. Aaron might be getting a daughter for his birthday!


Here's a few more pictures from today:

An unreal picture of her hand!

Perfect foot.

*I would post pictures of girl parts, but due to the graphic nature of the PERFECT picture that they got...I actually feel like it's inappropriate to do so*

Here's a picture of me instead! :)

Maybe tomorrow I will write about how much I'm freaking out...if I wrote about it now, I might have an aneurism.

But just to give you a taste: I now have 2 weddings to pay for. Double the hair clips, bows and of the color pink. Double the barbies and barbie clothes, baby dolls and sparkles. Double the estrogen and DOUBLE THE TAMPONS! This all coming from a mom who thought she was gong to have 5 boys.

God always has a plan...and it might not be the same as yours.

Lesson Learned.

post signature

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Congratulations Kayla! Just think of the money you will save on clothes. At least that is what everybody told me after our 2nd, 3rd and 4th girls.

God will not give you more than you can handle!! Be assured He is in control and He loves you.

We are praying for you and your new little girl.

Love,
Wendy

P.S. No two children are the same.