Saturday, May 16, 2009

Lions, Tigers and...MOUNTAIN LIONS?! oh my!

     So I've said many times that my greatest fear is big cats...I have no idea why. I can only date it back to when I was little and I watched Tarzan the cartoon. It's still one of my favorite disney movies but I can't watch the part where the "mom" ape walks into the house that the people built because she heard a baby crying. She had just lost her own little baby ape to the jaguar that romes the area and was lured in by the babies cries. Just as she uncovers the basket with the little baby in it a tail drops down behind her from the rafters. I know it's coming and I jump EVERY time. Anyway the movie goes on where she saves the baby he becomes her own...and so on. I won't ruin it if you haven't been privileged enough to watch it yourself. 
    I can't remember ever having a tramatic experience or even seeing one in real life...so I don't know where my fear stems from. Maybe it's a control issue. Like I can't stand the possibility of becoming second on the food chain...? Whatever it is...it's not healthy. With all this being said, I live in the middle of mountain lion territory. Although there aren't seen where we actually live very often, it has happened and they have been seen. 
     So, the point that I'm trying to get to: Last night we were asleep in bed with all of our windows open because it was an amazingly cool night and slightly breezy. Definaly my favorite time of year. I was woke up by this AWFUL noise right outside of our window. It sounded like a mixture of a cat getting it's neck rung and a newborn baby cry (WIERD, I know.) I woke Aaron up and he was like "well that's annoying!" and shut the window. I layed there thinking of all the things that it could be and then went back to sleep. So this morning I woke up and youtubed all things I though it could have been. We had just seen a fox earlier that afternoon. Not a fox, not an owl, not a bird, not a raccoon or opossum...I couldn't figure it out. And if you know me, I don't like not being able to figure things out. Aaron's grandpa was here so I went out and asked him since he lives way out in the boonies and I figured he has heard every wild creature there is. You know what he said?...one guess...and I bet you guessed right...he very non-chalauntly said "sound's like a mountain lion. I could have died right then and there. I still don't know if this is what we heard or not BUT when I youtubed it, it was the closest thing that I had found that whole morning. If I hear it again I will know for sure when the hair on the back of my neck stands up and I can't breath. I will keep everyone posted :)

P.S. Blogspot is fussing with me uploading pictures so hopefully I will have some up soon after I figure out what his going on. Sorry to everyone who only looks at this for the pictures :P

No comments: