Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Obituary reads "cause of death: Emily Grace"

     I guess I should start out by saying that Aaron is all back to normal and doing fine. I failed to tell everyone that we believe that the reason for his swelling was because of the pollen that he got in his arm when he scraped it. It would be like someone who was allergic to shellfish getting it injected straight into their blood stream.
     I also failed to write about my child birth pains when I stubbed and broke my toe yesterday. I didn't get any pictures of it because I was too busy screaming bloody murder. My mom had done the exact same thing on mothers day and I kind of laughed and said "that stinks" and went on. Well mother I would like to apologize for my lack of sympathy. Karma came back and bit me in the butt...not only did I get to experience the pain of child birth through my toe without an epidural but I also got a first hand experience of why my mom was complaining the day before. Okay okay. so I will admit I can be a BIT dramatic at times but there is no drama in this. I stubbed it, looked down, saw it hanging off to the side with the nail barely hanging on, screamed (scared emily half to death) grabbed it, and pulled it back into place....about the same time it felt like my toe kicked me in the stomach and I rolled on the bed for about 5 minutes with excruciating pain not only in my toe but in my stomach also, trying not to throw up. I think for a split second I saw my life flash before my eyes! 
     Enough about my toe, it's starting to throb again. So today I was getting ready to go to my friend Jessie's house so have a little mommy get together and got out to the car only to discover that Aaron had left Emily's ONLY car seat in his mom's car last night. I was supposed to meet Aaron's other cousin's wife in town and lead her to Jessie's and I was already running a little behind. I contemplated just buckling Emily in for a split second and then decided against it. I shut the door (with the air conditioner running and Emily inside) and ran to the shed to grab Emily's infant car seat. BEFORE you scroll down and see the picture, I have to say; I'm NOT retarded and I now see how rediculously stupid I was and that ANYTHING could have happened. Of course, every mother's famous last words "it's only a second" ran through my head as I dug out her car seat. When I got to the car, this is what I found:

      I just about died! and then started laughing and then grabbed my camera (that was already in the car) and took this. She was so proud of herself...she was even trying to shift the gears. AGAIN: I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW how bad this could have been, but luckily it wasn't and I learned a valuable lesson: Emily watches me drive all the time...she's bound to pick up on it eventually...lets just hope that it's not for another 16 years!!
    Well, she didn't fit in her infant carseat. I should have gotten a picture of that. Her knees were all bent up and her head hung off the back of the head rest and I couldn't even begin to buckle it. SO. I wasn't able to go see my Reid or Silas...I mean my Meredith and Jessie :P and instead I'm stuck in a messy house. I guess it's God's way of telling me to get it done. So I guess I should get off of here and go do that. and hopefully tomorrow is a better day :)    
    As was writing the last paragraph of this blog Emily was being EXTREMELY quiet.  I went to go check on her and this is what I found:

Just when I think I can't handle it anymore, she goes and does something like this that MELTS my heart!

1 comment:

Excellent Parent said...

if any mother gives you a hard time for that acting like they havint done something stupid before, they are lying! Weve all done things were after we were like...ohhhh, that could have been bad!! Theres a reason they make it so that you have to have your foot on the breack to switch gears, Emily is a good example. lol