Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rainy days and birthdays

     Since I moved away from home I haven't been up to date on what the local farmers need as far as rain. I wish I could could say that I miss it, buuuuut I don't!...just kidding dad I love you!! For those of you who don't know, my dad is a farmer, and for all of my life rain was either a bad thing that resulted in a grumpy daddy or a great thing that would be good for his little seedlings. So the weather always played a big part in his life and, by cause and effect, mine too. But for once in my life a rainy day...is just a wonderful rainy day, and the end result is beautiful, green, grassy hills and clear skys. Today was one of those days, and I LOVED IT!

(and yes I took this right here in wonderful Paso Robles)

     I'm sure I know what most people are going to say when they see these next two pictures. "Kayla, didn't you learn your lesson the FIRST time" and you know what? I've never been one to learn the first time...I'm kidding, I actually DID. I hid all of the red and pink crayons, since those are the ones that don't come off. SOMEHOW (Aaron) they ended up back with all of the other crayons and I didn't double check them, and long story short...I got a really messy bathtub, pink water and a pink daughter.


PINK water!

    Today was Matt's, Aaron's brother, 18th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!! I can't believe how grown up he's gotten since I've been here. When I first met Aaron, he was 13 and hated me for stealing his big brother from him. Now, he's 18, engaged and going to graduate high school this year. My little brother is a man :( Kaylee, Aaron's sister, is the same age now that Matt was when I first met him and it seems like that time has flown by so fast. I don't know what I'm going to do when she is 18 and getting ready to graduate!! What am I going to do with myself when I have to do this with my own kids?! Then again...I will probably be ready to give them the boot when they get there...RIGHT?! someone tell me it will be that easy!

No comments: